We take our commitment to your privacy seriously, and we treat any information you provide to us with care.
The website, www.footprintsandwhispers.co.uk is operated and owned by L2D Limited.
Who We Are
- We are L2D Limited (“Footprints and Whispers”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 7277058), with a registered office at 6 Bevis Marks, Bury Court, London EC3A 7BA. We are registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and our Data Protection Registration number is Z3537091. For the purposes of the Act we are the data controller of your personal data.
What Information We Collect
- Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
- Information you provide us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide to us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); registering an account on our website; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
- Information automatically provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see the ”Cookies” section below) and obtain certain information automatically when your web browser accesses our website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history; clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; and products you searched for. We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks).
- Email communications: If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
- Telephone calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
- We use the AdWords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. We and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. This means that vendors including Google will display our promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
How We Use This Information
- Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- process and deliver your order via the services of our nominated fulfilment partner; by placing an order you are giving permission to pass on the necessary details to our nominated fulfilment partner to enable delivery of your order. In order to dispatch your order our nominated fulfilment partner will pass only the necessary data to the appropriate carrier for delivery & tracking;
- provide customer support services to you;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- help prevent fraud (eg. we may check payment card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- open and run your Footprints and Whispers customer account;
- provide a more personal shopping experience.
- By making an order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use. Without consent, we cannot process your order.
Lawful Basis For Processing Data
- Prior to making a payment to purchase a memorial gift at www.footprintsandwhispers.co.uk you will be asked to provide your permission for us to process the information you have supplied. L2D Limited require the information in order to successfully process payments. By ticking the confirmation box you are agreeing that we may process your payment and use the information you have supplied to complete transactions.
Data Retention Policy
- When purchasing an item from Footprints and Whispers we will hold your details for a period of 12 months after a successful purchase in order to assist in any sales queries that may arise. Your data will be held in an unencrypted format.
- We use the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use 128-bit SSL Software to encrypt your personal information when using our online Footprints and Whispers shop. All Credit and Debit card information is obtained under SSL and processed by SagePay (www.sagepay.co.uk). At no time what-so-ever does L2D Limited have visibility of payment information and nor does L2D Limited store, either physically or electronically, payment card information.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Anyone aged 16 years or under must get their parent’s or guardian’s permission in order to use our services. Users without this permission are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Who Else May See Your Data
- In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners including Royal Mail and CitySprint our fulfilment partner and their affiliates.
- If you order a product marked “Direct Despatch” then we will need to pass your delivery information to our manufacturers as they will be shipping directly to you.
- If you order personalised products which are made to order based on information that you provide, then we will need to provide this information (including delivery details) to our manufacturers for the purpose of creating the personalised product to your specification.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or our safety or the safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may pass information to a marketing company for analysis in order to improve our website and your shopping experience
Marketing Communications – Footprints And Whispers
- When ordering from Footprints and Whispers, or interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails – to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share.
- If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
Marketing Communications – 3rd Party
- When you place an order with Footprints and Whispers we may ask you to consent to other reputable companies contacting you BY POST about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful or of interest.
- If you no longer wish us to do this please email us at email@example.com at any time.
- If you have any concerns over receiving unsolicited post you can join the Mailing Preference Service and your name should be removed from the lists held by responsible direct mail companies. An application form can be filled out online at www.mpsonline.org.uk.
Third Party Linking
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your Right To Access Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Should a data inaccuracy be identified, then L2D Limited will rectify any data inaccuracies within one month.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us to process your information. In order to exercise that right, please contact us at the address below, by telephone (on 01908 886167) or email (at firstname.lastname@example.org) and your data will be removed from our database. All previous transaction which have completed prior to your request to withdraw consent will remain intact
Where We Store Your Personal Information
- Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- site administration;
- operation of our website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into our website or use the website’s shopping basket;
- recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- completing the user’s current activity;
- research and development.
- To find out more about cookies including how to manage your cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- If after contacting L2D Limited you are still unsatisfied, you do have the right to complain to a supervisory authority
- Email via our contact page.
- post at L2D Limited, 2, Orchard Close, Bromham, Bedfordshire, MK43 8HN;
- by telephoning (UK) 01908 886167 between the hours of 9.00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday.